Thank you for considering San Jose Catholic School for your child’s education! We are here to help you navigate the application process outlined below. Please call us at (903) 733-2313 with any questions:
Step One: Visit Us
Step Two: Gather Documents
The following documents are required with your application:
- Birth Certificate
- Report Cards: 2-years, current and previous grade (grades 1st-8th)
- Standardized Test Scores (grades 2nd-8th)
- Psychological Educational Evaluation (if applicable)
- Learning Support, Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan (if applicable)
Step Three: Apply Online
An online application must be completed for every student hoping to be admitted to San Jose Catholic School. There is a $50 application fee, per student, which includes the New Student Assessment fee. VPK/PK4 students do not pay an Application Fee.
Step Four: New Student Assessment
Each prospective student will participate in a New Student Assessment.
- PK3/PK4/Kindergarten assessments may take place individually or in small groups with the respective teachers. The focus of this assessment is to assess the child’s school readiness, ability to communicate with teachers/peers, and current knowledge. This assessment takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- 1st and 2nd grade applicants will meet with our Academic Dean
- 3rd-8th grade assessments are used in evaluating math and reading skills. This assessment is conducted on an iPad and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete.
Step Five: Admissions Decision
San Jose Catholic School has a rolling admissions process. We will continue to take applications, conduct assessments, and admit students as space is available.
Step Six: Enroll
Students accepted to San Jose Catholic School are required to complete an online enrollment packet via the FACTS portal promptly following acceptance. The following documents are required for enrollment:
- Current FL Certificate of Immunization (DH680)
- Current FL School Health Entry Exam (Form 3040)
- VPK Certificate of Eligibility (if applicable)
During the enrollment process you will be required to set up your FACTS payment plan. Tuition and fees are paid via this online platform. You will need to attach a checking or savings account or credit card to complete this step. Additional fees are charged annually (and paid to FACTS) based on the payment plan you choose. An additional service fee applies per transaction when using a credit card for payments.
The Registration Fee is paid at the time of enrollment packet submission. This fee is paid per family and is non-refundable.